|ABOUT SILVER | SILVER FACTS | USING SILVER|
Benefits of silver
|Source, Wikipedia: “The silver ion (Ag+) is bioactive and in sufficient concentration readily kills bacteria in vitro. Silver exhibits low toxicity in the human body, and minimal risk is expected due to clinical exposure by inhalation, ingestion, dermal application. Silver and silver nanoparticles are used as an antimicrobial in a variety of industrial, healthcare and domestic applications.”
In practical and sensible terms, the benefits of using silver in a normal household environment to combat viral and bacterial agents just makes good common sense.
Here is the transcript of an exchange on the "Dr. Oz Show" between Dr. Oz and his father-in-law, Dr. Lemole
Dr. Lemole: “There's a couple of things. Colloidal silver is antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, and it's really good stuff for if you feel an oncoming sore throat, or even if you have a wound. You can spray it on your wound.”
Dr. Oz : “So in the Lemole household, if you have a sore throat you're getting colloidal silver sprayed in your throat first. That's the first thing they do…It's amazing to me that you can build wellness tools like this into your own lifestyle, which I never see in my own profession.”
Dr. Joseph Weissman, M.D. board certified immunologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Medical School said:
"Today, many antibiotics are losing the battle with germs. Fortunately, the best germ killer, which was discovered over 2,000 years ago, is finally getting the proper attention from medical science – natural silver. I sincerely recommend that everyone have electrically generated colloidal silver in their home as an antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal agent."
From infants to toddlers, children to adults, even your dog or cat, the antiseptic properties of silver are safe and powerfully effective.
Are all silver solutions the same?
|There are basically three categories of silver solutions. Colloidal, ionic, and silver compound. Colloidal silver is a concentration of microscopic particles of actual silver suspended in a base liquid. Ionic silver is a concentration of positively charged silver ions suspended in a liquid.
Ionic solutions are best suited for low salt environments such as ears, nose, eyes and skin, while colloidal solutions are best suited for high salt environments such as the stomach.
Silver compounds are created when the highly charged silver ions come into contact with a contaminant, such as salt, and forms a less powerful silver chloride “compound”. These compounds can be unknowingly formed when ionic silver is produced in open air environments, or is stored in non-glass and non-sterilized containers that can interact with the silver ions over time.
Is it safe to use silver?
|"Few things in life are as cut-and-dried as the fact that silver is completely safe when used within normal limits." Dr. Herbert Slavin, M.D., director of the Institute of Advanced Medicine in Lauderhill, Florida
"Common substances like table salt and aspirin are harmless with normal use, but excessive intake can become toxic and even life-threatening. With normal responsible usage, silver supplements are entirely harmless to humans." Dr. Jeffrey Blumer, M.D., Ph.D., director of the Center for Drug Research, former director of the Greater Cleveland Poison Control Center
Based on a 1996 Oral Assessment Report by the US Environmental Protection Agency, the only potential critical side effect of silver consumption is a “medically benign but permanent bluish-gray discoloration of the skin” known as argyria. Source, U.S. EPA (CASRN 7440-22-4)
With only 13 documented cases of argyria in the US, the report admits that this is a rare occurrence, and was caused by extremely high doses of a silver “compound” called silver arsphenamine. Please note: there are no documented cases of argyria resulting from pure ionic or colloidal silver.
Based on this assessment, the EPA concluded an Oral RfD assessment of 5E-3 mg/kg-day. When this equation is put into context of a 10PPM solution, a person weighing 150 lbs may safely consume up to 15 teaspoons per day, for their entire lifetime.
This same report also concludes that “No evidence of cancer in humans has been reported despite frequent therapeutic use of the compound over the years” and therefore silver is “not classified as to human carcinogenicity”
A 1999 report by the Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry says “The EPA recommends that the concentration of silver in drinking water not exceed 0.10 milligrams per liter of water (0.10 mg/L) because of the skin discoloration that may occur.” Source, ATSDR.CDC.GOV (ToxFAQs for Silver)
This amount of recommended silver concentrations is roughly the equivalent of a 0.10PPM concentrated silver solution… in your everyday drinking water of which you and your family consume multiple gallons per day! In fact, the report goes on to say that the EPA doesn’t even want to hear about an accidental release of silver into a water source unless it exceeds more than 1,000 pounds.